(NC) Being an organized person is a never-ending task — whether it's staying on top of work or handling multiple responsibilities at home. Life can be hectic, so here are a few tricks to keep you calm during the storm.
1. Keep a journal with you to jot down a to-do list or anything you might need to look back on. You can try using note-taking apps on your phone if you don't like the hassle of bringing a journal everywhere.
2. Colour code your to-do list, calendar and email based on priority or topic. That way, you'll keep track of deadlines and tasks in an organized and visually appealing way. The colours might even brighten up your day.
3. Plan your meals ahead of time. No matter how busy you get, this is still essential. Plan and make your meals ahead of time so you won't have to worry about throwing something unhealthy together at the last minute.
4. Take time for yourself. When life gets busy sometimes you just need to take a step back and breathe. Go for a walk and take in the crisp air.
5. Find a space in your house or office to gather all the items you don't have time to put away. That way once you're ready to get organized during a decluttering session, you won't have to clean all areas, but rather just that limited section.