The City of Red Deer says cart collection schedules have been adjusted for residents with Wednesday cart collection to accommodate the Christmas Day and New Year’s Day statutory holidays, which both fall on a Wednesday this year.
Residents with regular Wednesday collection will have their December 25 and January 1 cart collection rescheduled as follows:
– Inglewood, Ironstone, McKenzie Trail, Downtown, Parkvale, Waskasoo and Woodlea will be moved to the following Thursday
– South Hill, Sunnybrook, Michener Hill West, and Evergreen will be moved to the following Friday
– Bower, Grandview, and Mountview will be moved to the following Monday
Collection schedules will return to normal on Wednesday, January 8, 2020.
Residents with a collection day other than Wednesday will have no collection changes over the holidays.
Anyone with questions can contact The City by calling The Blue Line at 403-340-BLUE (2583) or visiting www.reddeer.ca/carts.
– Carts must be set out before 7 a.m. for pickup
– Wrapping paper, tissue paper and Styrofoam are not accepted in Blue Carts, as The City’s recycling program is currently unable to process these materials.
For reminders of what carts to place out when, sign up for notifications with Notify Red Deer, sign up today at www.reddeer.ca/notifyreddeer