At AMA, we love spring. But we also recognize that the season of warmer weather comes at a price – and mosquitoes are the least it. Most notably, from a road safety perspective, 28% of all fatal collisions in Alberta occur between April and June.
It’s a staggering number that can be reduced with good driver vigilance. For example:
- Safety begins before you get behind the wheel
- Warm weather means more people outside
- Animals are on the move
- Meltwater combined with spring rain can cause localized flooding
- Spring means road maintenance crews, cyclists and motorcyclists
- Other reminders for spring driving
Click here to read about each bullet point above.