January opens up new possibilities for our health and wellbeing but have you ever thought about making resolutions for your home? Here are a few ideas to consider:
- Just Do It! - Tackle a major item on your to-do list such as cleaning out the basement or painting the bathroom.
- Cut Back - Seal and insulate your ductwork then set goals to reduce bills such as turning off lights and reducing water consumption.
- Plant It - There are many ways to improve the quality of your indoor air but start off by adding plants to naturally filter the air you breathe.
- Basket Case - Purchase baskets to organize everyday items such as remotes and controllers so they don’t just get tossed around the room.
- Keep it Clean - Take just 10 minutes each day to walk through and put everything back in its home. Get the entire family involved!
- Safety First - Make sure your carbon monoxide and smoke detectors are in good working order and that you have a family escape plan in place.
- The Purge - Go through your home one room at a time each month and purge any items you no longer have interest in and instead, fill your home with things that make you feel good.
In addition to the above tips, you can also introduce a new resolution for your home each month to help break up the year. For example, in January you can declutter, in February you can brush painting off your list and so on. Home is where the heart is, so it makes sense that a harmonious home will lend itself to a happier overall life.